Thesis Procedures and Guidelines
Students are expected to follow the formal requirements for thesis editing according to the Guidelines for thesis editing:
You will submit your manuscript in one of two ways:
- As a PDF file through our online submission tool (preferred)
- As a paper copy we will digitize
2. Thesis shall be written according to the formal standards reported below. Consequently, theses drawn up in a different way will not be accepted:
- Thesis shall have a length of 30,000 words at least
- Pages must be of 32-35 lines each, every line must contain 65-70 characters of the following type fonts: times, courier, helvetica.
- Double-sided printing (front and back)
- Cover and spine must be of a pale colour and in thin and not glossy cardboard. Thesis must be book bound. Spirals, rings, rivets, plastic or otherwise are not accepted.
- Figures and tables must be in A4 or A3 format
- The box containing the tables must be appropriate in size and thickness (A3).
- Theses cannot include any Institution logo.
- Content (analysis)
- List of Sources / Bibliography
3. Electronic Thesis Submission Process
After completing the manuscript, the student logs into MOMBI under the "Forms" link, note that you will be asked to enter your student User Name and Password before you can access the upload thesis form. From the forms page, click on Submitting thesis.
The student must then enter all information (object, tasks, hypothesis, actuality, research methodology, sources, structure of theses, new approach, etc.) into the MOMBI website regarding his or her thesis.The student then uploads a PDF file of the thesis. The conversion can be accomplished offline using Adobe Acrobat or similar software.
The student is then prompted to upload any supplemental files he or she may want to include with the submission. These files would include picture, audio, video, animations, simulations, etc. After reviewing the submission, the thesis supervisors will contact the student for any revisions necessary. If revisions are necessary, the student will make the changes in his or her original document, reconvert to pdf and submit the changes online through the student account page.
To submit supplementary files (such as multi-media files or data files) along with your thesis, you must follow the procedures below. Ensure your supplementary files are of the types listed below or they will not be accepted.
a. Files that total more than 500MB should be sent to us on CD or DVD.
b. Reference each supplementary file in its own appendix in your Dissertation:
4. Inclusion of other people's copyrighted material
Including material produced by other authors in your thesis can serve a legitimate research purpose, but you want to avoid copyright infringement in the process. Republishing someone else's work, even in abbreviated form, requires permission from the author or copyright owner. You must receive permission from the author(s) and include it with your submission.
5. Paper Thesis Submission
Students submitting in paper (hard-copy) must present two unbound copies of their thesis to MOMBI. Students are responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their thesis.
- Your work must be submitted in duplicate. MOMBI will retain a copy.
- It must be bound. Your name should be clearly indicated on the cover.
6, Prepare Supporting Documents
Grants permission to MOMBI to include your thesis in its collection. The student, as author, still retains copyright.
7. Copyright Permission Letters
if you have copyright permission letters allowing inclusion of another person’s work in your thesis, the letters must accompany your thesis.
Assignments that are being submitted in hard copy should be mailed to:
Mailing address : 27, Kadiri Street, Igbo-elerin, IBA. Lagos - Nigeria, WA 23401
Final check before posting
- Your name, assignment number and the unit code is on your assignment
- You have attached a printed assignment coversheet and the declaration has been signed
- Your name and return address is included on the envelope